Council of University of Wisconsin Libraries
Executive Committee Minutes, September 19, 2006
CUWL Executive Committee Meeting
Present: Marc Boucher, Kathy Davis, Paul Moriarty, Jean Gilbertson, Lori Docken, Pat Wilkinson, Valerie Malzacher.
The purpose of this meeting is to set the agenda for the October 5-6 CUWL meeting.
The preconference will be held from 9:00 a.m. to noon on October 5. Over 60 people have signed up for the preconference so far. A 30-45 minute follow-up discussion will be held during the afternoon CUWL meeting.
- Finals report of the working group on CUWL subgroups – discussion, vote.
- UW policy for charging Reference and Loan – follow-up discussion, review, and vote.
- Distance learning report summary – Marc
- LEARN@UW/ library integration – preliminary report and recommendations
- The CDC will make January renewal recommendations later in the year. We should be able to handle a vote on the renewals electronically after they are prepared.
- Book RFP task force update – dates, deadlines, discussion, transition time-line, implementation.
- UW System update – Legislative agenda for upcoming session.
- WILS Report – Badgercat and Worldcat.
- Voayager Update – no report ready at this point.
- Diversity task force report
- Project SPARC – Ewa Barczyk will review the Federal Research Public Access Act.
- Welcome Chuck Ryback – Marc has volunteered to be Chuck’s mentor.
- WLA Legislative day – Academic library concerns
Jean announced that UW Madison libraries have changed their loan period for faculty/staff to match the UB loan period.
Adjourned at 4:00 p.m.
Submitted by Kathy Davis